Admissions Process for Students Entering the
Ninth Grade in 2018
These are the steps eighth grade students need to take
to enter Loughlin as beginning ninth grade students for the 2017-2018 school year. There is a different process for transfer students
.Make sure you visit Loughlin as part of your application process.
Process for students who take the
Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS)
1. Register for the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS)
- Students who take the Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools (TACHS) are given priority for acceptance.
- Registration for the TACHS exam begins August 21, 2017.
- The deadlines for registration are:
- There is a $63.00 registration fee. (Payable by credit card with internet or phone registration, certified check or money order with a mailed registration.)
- Bishop Loughlin TACHS Code is: 003. Be sure Bishop Loughlin is one of your three choices.
- Remind your guidance counselor, principal or 8th grade teacher to complete the student applicant record located at http://www.tachsinfo.com/PDF/DBQAdminCalendar.pdf and mail the completed form to:
Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School
The Office of Admissions
357 Clermont Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11238
2. Take the TACHS exam on Saturday, November 4, 2017.
3. Send in your Confirmation Letter and Pre-Registration Fee
- Results from the TACHS exam are sent out in January.
- Students who are accepted to Bishop Loughlin based on their TACHS exam scores will be sent an acceptance package in mid-January.
- Send in your Acceptance Confirmation Letter and Pre-Registration Fee of $130.00 before February 17, 2018. This fee will secure your seat at Bishop Loughlin. It is nonrefundable.
4. Register on Monday, March 12, 2018
- Bring your Immunization record, social security card, birth certificate and report cards.
- There is a registration fee of $500.00 payable in cash, money order or credit card.
- If you paid the $135.00 Acceptance Fee, your registration fee is $365.00, which is non-refundable.
Process for students who did NOT take the
Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools
Call the Admissions Office (718-857-2700 ext 2246 or x2248) to arrange for an Appointment. We schedule appointments throughout the year.
- You will be considered for acceptance based on an interview with the Assistant Principal and/or the Director of Admissions.
- Bring your immunization record, report card, social security card, birth certificate and a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- If accepted, you will be able to register on the same day.
- There is a registration fee of $495.00 payable in cash, money order or credit card.
Head Start Program
The Head Start Program is a special program that insures that our students are prepared for the curriculum in High School.
- Students will attend school during the month of July and work on Mathematics, Reading, Writing and Computer. In addition to the academics, students will be offered an opportunity to experience the activities offered at Bishop Loughlin including Basketball, Volleyball, Track, Table Tennis, Dance, Cheerleading, Arts and Crafts and go on a field trip.
- Students will be given information about the Head Start Program at the time of registration.
For information about registration, to schedule a visit to Bishop Loughlin, or to schedule an appointment contact the Admissions Department 718-855-2700 ext 2248, 2246 or email Admission@blmhs.org