Bishop Loughlin Library Media Center
Welcome to The BLMHS LMC!
Your Library Media Specialists are Mr. Frank and Brother Joe. We're here to help you with your projects and answer your questions. Please take a look at the information below on The LMC's hours, rules, checkout procedure, and resources.
Monday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed: Homeroom and Reserved Periods
BLMHS Library Media Center Rules:
- While in The LMC, always observe silence and maintain its orderliness.
- At all times, hand-held electronic devices are prohibited in The LMC.
- The "back" computers are reserved; please be sure to ask permission.
- When you are finished using your computer, please log off.
- Respect everyone and everything.
- A maximum of four (4) books may be borrowed for two (2) week periods.
- To check out: students must present a BLMHS ID Card to the Circulation Desk.
- Make sure to bring your books back on time (at the back of your book, check the due date on the stamped card), otherwise, there is a fine.
Reference books, magazines and newspapers can only be read in The LMC.
When your teacher assigns a research project, check with the LMS to see if any materials have been reserved for your class.
- Destiny - Bishop Loughlin's Online Card Catalog (http://library.nycenet.edu). This resource will grant you access to the entire Bishop Loughlin Library Media Center's Collection which consists of approximately 16,000 titles.
- The Resources Page is ideal for research, homework, and test prep.
- The BLoglin: Bishop Loughlin's LMC Blog provides suggestions and contests.
Have an extraordinary 2012-13 School Year!!!